Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 2 Bloggings

Hey Blog followers,

Time for weekly installment number two, Its a little late but alas better late than never.

Today im reflecting on the impact of Communication technologies upon myself, and using my own personal opinion, so general disclaimer blah blah blah, My opinions only voice and represent me and no other parties blah blah blah.

In grand total, I have been using various communication techniques, Phone, Internet and physical mail for several years, since i was able to talk really, I remember my mother putting me on the phone to my grandfather and saying hello to him when i was but knee high to a grasshopper, and i would assume most of my generation has done the exact same.

Each particular technology was introduced to me by myself i suppose as well as my peers, I've had a natural knack you could say for technology and i love to know how they work, what makes them tick, and how to use them, I have been able to pick up a brand new mobile phone device and use it proficiently before the actual owner could work it out, and its i guess been a gift of mine to be a technopath.

Privacy isn't a huge issue for me on the basic scale of my name, date of birth etc, But greater details like private personal informations should be kept secret, but keeping this on track to the communicative informations we give out to Facebook, Google and Myspace doesnt particularly bother me, Some day in the future its going to be all too easy to get information about a person or entity with the click of a button, it pretty much already is.

Furthering from that, why would you have anything to hide, if its that personal, i believe you shouldn't place it somewhere for it to become public knowledge, I already did a minor investigation into what informations you can find about someone, and sheerly using facebook (As i am a user) I could quite easily pick up on pictures of my work colleagues and friends sheerly by typing their names into a google image search.

Differences between Cyber-friends and real friends......

Well its quite easy to say, most people would be slightly more forthcoming with cyber friends than real friends as they havent physically met them, and do not physically see them, they don't have to worry about their physical reactions or their judgements.

Real friends (non Cyber friends) you're not always honest with, you try to protect them and preserve your friendship moreso by omitting facts that they could judge you on.

Here is a Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqZNGYit3kY



I have chosen this particular video as its covering the impact of new media and communication technologies, and also discusses the impact of too much informations and any possible rammifications of such.

Well thats all for now, Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment